Garrett PowerMax turbocharger upgrade for the Volkswagen and Audi 2.0T Gen 3 engine platform is engineered to increase engine performance while maintaining OEM installation specifications. Stage 1 (485 HP*) upgrade maximize efficiency and air flow compared to the OEM turbocharger. High temperature, Mar-M alloy turbine wheel and twin scroll stainless steel turbine housings are rated for up to 1050° C. These turbochargers are fully assembled with a calibrated electronic actuator and ancillary components for direct OEM fitment.
WARNING: Maximum allowable turbocharger speed is 185krpm (Stage 1). The use of this product above max turbocharger speed is at the owner’s risk, and can result in damage and premature failure. To protect the turbocharger from overspeed when operating, a speed sensor port is machined into the compressor housing for the fitment of speed sensor part numbers 781328-0003 (includes sensor and gauge), and 781328-0004 (includes speed sensor). Speed sensors sold separately.
*Performance results of this product are highly dependent upon your vehicle’s modifications and tuning/calibration. The target power has been calculated based strictly on choke flow of the compressor map (total turbo capability), which represents the potential flywheel power.
Stage 1 Features:
• Direct-Fit Stage 1 Upgrade
• 485HP | 362kW (flywheel) power capability (on-vehicle results)
• 47mm compressor inducer, 60mm compressor exducer
• 50mm turbine inducer, 45mm turbine exducer
• GT2260S turbocharger
• Audi A3, S3, TT, TTS
• VW Golf Base, AllTrack, GTI and R
• Complete assembly with calibrated electric actuator and ancillary components for OE fitment
• +17% flow compared to IS38 turbo (stock Golf R)
• GTX Gen II compressor wheel aero
• Modern gasoline turbine wheel aerodynamics constructed of Mar-M alloy rated for up to 1050C
• Stainless steel turbine housing rated for up to 1050C
• Fully machined speed sensor port
• Latest generation of journal bearing rotor group
• 360-degree thrust bearing –reinforced for application